The final draft of the Durban Climate Change Strategy is now available. This final draft was compiled following widespread engagements with stakeholders, technical experts and the DCCS team, resulting in a document that reflects a Durban-wide Climate Change Strategy. This document has been through extensive iterations in an endeavor to incorporate all stakeholder comments and inputs. […]
The DCCS Team would like to thank eNCA news for covering the draft Durban Climate Change Strategy in its news bulletin on the 26th of May 2014. We welcome the publicity from eNCA news and hope that it raises awareness of the city’s climate change risks and encourages Durban’s residents to participate in the strategy […]
The draft Durban Climate Change Strategy document is now available on the Durban Climate Change Strategy website and an online survey has been set up for stakeholders to comment on the draft. The draft document has been developed by the DCCS team together with multiple stakeholder and technical expert input and incorporates both adaptation and […]
Since February last year the DCCS team, together with multiple stakeholder input, has been working on the development of a climate change strategy for Durban that incorporates both adaptation and mitigation responses. A draft Durban Climate Change Strategy has been developed based on the comments received from online surveys, public meetings and technical experts. The […]
The Durban Climate Change Strategy team has undertaken the first round of Working Group meetings with stakeholders and the public on the seven themes to be considered in the development of the Durban Climate Change Strategy. The Durban Climate Change Strategy working group meeting on the Water theme was held on the 21st of October 2013. […]
The Durban Climate Change Strategy team has undertaken the first round of Working Group meetings with stakeholders and the public on the seven themes to be considered in the development of the Durban Climate Change Strategy. The Durban Climate Change Strategy working group meeting on the Sustainable Energy theme was held on the 7th of November […]
Take the survey
- Invitation to comment on the DCCS draft vision July 3, 2013
- First DCCS stakeholder consultation report now available May 22, 2013
- Public Presentation – eThekwini Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory 2011 March 28, 2013
- EThekwini Municipality tables 2011 Greenhouse Gas Inventory findings April 16, 2013
- Climate Change and Energy June 4, 2013
- Lorenzo Harewood: I really admire this push at adaptation projects a...
- future leaders of change: We are non profit organization called future leade...
- siyasanga: That real sounds greatful it is going to contribut...
- Coastal, Environmental and Water Resources: Such workshops should be conducted after certain p...
- David Callaghan: We have been interested in the hugh energy potenti...